Leumann Seraina, Dr.
Leumann Seraina, Dr.
Dr. Seraina Leumann is an educational scientist with many years of experience in the fields of VET research and university teaching. She currently works as a Senior Researcher at the Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training (OBS SFIVET) and as a Senior Lecturer for the MSc and BSc programmes in vocational education and training at SFIVET. Her core research and teaching topics are vocational teaching and learning processes, teachers’ beliefs and knowledge, socialisation and development in adolescence as well as VET and migration.
- Since 5/2017: Senior lecturer of education sciences at SFIVET in MSc in VET programme, area of focus: education sciences
- Since 5/2017: Senior researcher at SFIVET in the Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training
- 8/2016-7/2019: Lecturer of education sciences at SFIVET in study programme for language, communication and society teacher’s diploma
- 8/2015-7/2019: Teacher of vocational pedagogy for joint SFIVET-PHBern (upper-secondary education division) study programme for federal vocational baccalaureate teacher’s diploma
- 5/2012–4/2017: Junior researcher at SFIVET in the research area field ‘Curricula’
- 9/2012–12/2014: External lecturer at University of Fribourg Department of Education Sciences, area of focus: ‘Young People and Vocational Education and Training’
- 9/2011–4/2012: Research scientist in the research project MIRAGE (Migrants as Social Ascenders) and in the Leading House ‘Quality of Vocational Education and Training’ run by Prof. Dr. M. Stamm, University of Fribourg, Department of Education Sciences
- 2/2009–8/2011: Research assistant for Prof. Dr. M. Stamm, University of Fribourg, Department of Education Sciences
- Member of Swiss Society for Research in Education (SSRE)
- Member of European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction
- Reviewer for Empirical Research in Vocational Education and Training and Citizenship, Social and Economics Education
- Learning and teaching processes at school and work
- Knowledge and beliefs of vocational school teachers
- Financial literacy
- Didactics for specific occupational fields
- Adolescent socialisation and development
- Education and training trajectories of young adults
- 2014–2017: Doctorate in Business Education (Dr. rer. pol.) at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena (Germany). Doctoral thesis: domain-specific perceptions of financial literacy among Swiss vocational school teachers: theoretical and empirical underpinnings
- 2008–2011: Master’s degree in education sciences at University of Fribourg (area of focus: pedagogy and educational psychology of children, adolescents)
- 2004–2007: Bachelor’s degree in social work/social policy and social anthropology, University of Fribourg