Next start date
Fall Semester 2019
Available slots for registration
The 30 available slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Once these slots are taken, prospective students will be placed on a waiting list.
[Registration deadline: 30 June]
Prerequisites for admission include a Bachelor's degree or other higher education qualification recognised as equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. Individuals who have attended other higher education studies may also apply for admission.
Knowledge of languages
Students are expected to have excellent mastery of one of the main languages of instruction (lessons are given in German and French). In addition, their mastery of the other languages of instruction (German or French and English) should correspond to the following reference levels in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):
- in reading and listening comprehension: C1
- in speaking: B2
- in writing: B1
If you are unsure whether you meet admission requirements, please contact us or come to one of our information days. We will be glad to assist you.
Please fill out and submit the application form to:
Secretariat Master of Science in VET
Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training SFIVET
CH - 3052 Zollikofen
You will need to include the following documents with your application:
- Brief motivation letter
- Résumé in table format
- Copy of your higher education qualification or highest qualification obtained
- Copy of your Bachelor's thesis (by post or as a .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Copy of valid Swiss identity card
- Copy of Swiss state pension card
- Passport photo (.jpg format to email@example.com)
For applicants who already have a student number: copy of your student ID showing student number
Once we have reviewed your application form and accompanying documents, we shall contact you for an interview or notify you of our reasons for not admitting you to the programme. The definitive decision regarding admission will be made on the basis of the interview, application form and accompanying documents. Once this decision has been reached, you will receive a confirmation letter.
- Applicants submit the completed application form along with required supporting documents.
- After examination of the application, applicants will receive either an invitation for an admission interview or a letter of refusal stating the reasons why they are not admitted.
- The admission interview and application file will serve as the basis for the definitive decision regarding admission. Applicants will receive the decision in a confirmation letter.